Host us in your city
There are many ways to activate Placemaking in your city. It has happened in hundreds of cities across the United States and internationally – inspired by City Repair or happening on its own. So much we can’t keep track anymore!!
That being said, we receive requests to catalyze Placemaking in other cities frequently, and are ecstatic to finally be putting on our traveling suits and working with you to organize workshops. We’ll go through the essential and highly practical steps of building relationships and managing projects, start to finish… If we’ve got a place to go!
That’s where you come in : )
We would love to travel to your city and teach the Village Building Training.
Here’s what we do (THE TEACHERS):
- Work with you one-on-one to coordinate the course
- Create marketing material (brochures, fliers, update our website, Facebook)
- Field any questions from prospective students
- Coordinate our travel
- Teach the course
Here’s what you do (THE ORGANIZER):
- Using our material, you print and distribute to all relevant physical and online places.
- Outreach, outreach, outreach – find groups in your city who will welcome you announcing this course coming to town. Everything you do is how the word gets out we’re coming to town!
- Handle registration for the course
- Find a place where we can teach the course
– Work with us to make sure the room has the necessary equipment (tables, chairs, etc.)
* You, the organizer, will receive a certain amount discounted from the course, depending on highly variable factors – how far we travel, if the room costs a lot to rent, if we have to pay for lodging, etc. But as the organizer, you will not pay full price for the course.
After all, without you, it wouldn’t be happening for your city! What a gift!
If this sounds like something you’re up for, go ahead and fill out the form below: